What Does the Knight of Cups Mean?
The Knight of Cups drives forward with plans for love, art & spirituality. Also called a Soldier of Love, he is a romantic man, a love interest & also yourself in the throes of full on love.
Tarot Card Meanings for the Knight of Cups
The Knight of Wands General Keywords & Reversed Meanings
- Romance, relationships, proposals; dreamy, charming, romantic; being focused on love; being courageous in love; feeling inspired; being guided by your emotions.
- conceit; moodiness; neediness; co-dependency; fantasy and falsehoods; love leaving; unfaithfulness; weak-minded; lacking in self-belief and confidence; vanity.
The Knight of Cups as People
- Hairdressers; stylists; personal shoppers; dancers; musicians; psychics; spiritual gurus; youth leaders; charity workers; emissaries; fishermen; plumbers.
- As People:
- An idealist and a dreamer; romantic and sensitive; a spiritual seeker or counsellor; sympathetic and compassionate; an artist; imaginative with big ideas.
The Knight of Cups as Events & Inner Processes
- As Events:
- Romance or a relationship; a proposal of marriage or engagement; embarking on a spiritual or mystical retreat; a date or invitation; lucid dreaming and astral travel; going on a relaxation holiday.
- As Inner Processes:
- Listening to and acting on your inner voice; following your heart; being in tune with your inner desires; self acceptance; calming and centering yourself; finding your path in life.
Knights, Princes & Sons
Not all decks portray the Knights as they young men that are seen in the Rider Waite-Smith Tarot. In the Crowley-Harris Thoth they are Princes (based on Qabalah) and in the Quest Tarot they are called Sons (based on the family). Changing the title of the card does shift the meaning a little and humanises the court card in a more familiar way, as I explore in How to Finally Conquer the Court Cards.
The above decks all visually represent knights within the same age range. The Lo Scarabeo Tarot maintains this age and name, it’s French counterpart being Chevaliers. See all of the Knights, Princes and Sons together in my post of the same name.
Knight of Cups Correspondences
|Elemental||Air of Fire. Knights are air, the suit is water|
|Timing||Oct 13 – Nov 22|
|20° Libra – 20 ° Scorpio|
|Rules 4 of Swords; 5 of Cups; 6 of Cups|
|Qabalah||Tiphareth in Briah|
|Numerical Values||4 – card counting value / letters of the Tetragrammaton|
|2 – Tree of Life sephira – Tiphareth|
|12 – sequential, following the Page of Cups|
|Yes or No||Yes|