What Does the Knight of Cups Mean?
The Knight of Cups drives forward with plans for love, art & spirituality. Also called a Soldier of Love, he is a romantic man, a love interest & also yourself in the throes of full on love.
Tarot Card Meanings for the Knight of Cups
The Knight of Cups General Keywords & Reversed Meanings
- Romance, relationships, proposals; dreamy, charming, romantic; being focused on love; being courageous in love; feeling inspired; being guided by your emotions.
- conceit; moodiness; neediness; co-dependency; fantasy and falsehoods; love leaving; unfaithfulness; weak-minded; lacking in self-belief and confidence; vanity.
The Knight of Cups as People
- Hairdressers; stylists; personal shoppers; dancers; musicians; psychics; spiritual gurus; youth leaders; charity workers; emissaries; fishermen; plumbers.
- As People:
- An idealist and a dreamer; romantic and sensitive; a spiritual seeker or counsellor; sympathetic and compassionate; an artist; imaginative with big ideas.
The Knight of Cups as Events & Inner Processes
- As Events:
- Romance or a relationship; a proposal of marriage or engagement; embarking on a spiritual or mystical retreat; a date or invitation; lucid dreaming and astral travel; going on a relaxation holiday.
- As Inner Processes:
- Listening to and acting on your inner voice; following your heart; being in tune with your inner desires; self acceptance; calming and centering yourself; finding your path in life.
Knights, Princes & Sons
Not all decks portray the Knights as they young men that are seen in the Rider Waite-Smith Tarot. In the Crowley-Harris Thoth they are Princes (based on Qabalah) and in the Quest Tarot they are called Sons (based on the family). Changing the title of the card does shift the meaning a little and humanises the court card in a more familiar way, as I explore in How to Finally Conquer the Court Cards.
The above decks all visually represent knights within the same age range. The Lo Scarabeo Tarot maintains this age and name, it’s French counterpart being Chevaliers. See all of the Knights, Princes and Sons together in my post of the same name.
Knight of Cups Correspondences
|Elemental||Air of Fire. Knights are air, the suit is water|
|Timing||Oct 13 – Nov 22|
|20° Libra – 20 ° Scorpio|
|Rules 4 of Swords; 5 of Cups; 6 of Cups|
|Qabalah||Tiphareth in Briah|
|Numerical Values||4 – card counting value / letters of the Tetragrammaton|
|2 – Tree of Life sephira – Tiphareth|
|12 – sequential, following the Page of Cups|
|Yes or No||Yes|
Knight of Cups as a Daily Tarot Oracle Card
Oracle Message: Act with love, express yourself, be creative.
You have the chance to do things differently today, from the perspective of the Compassionate, Creative and Considerate Knight of Cups. Seeing things from someone else’s perspective is to show them consideration, to see someone’s plight and act on it is compassion and to satisfy an inner need to express ourselves through artistic means is creative.
Allow yourself the time to write poetry, prepare a sumptious meal, plan that secret date for your partner for the Knight of Cups is nothing if not romantic. Do something special for your lover today – flowers, chocolates, that date – but something unusual like ice skating, or a quiet out-of-town dinner, something that is intimate and full of togetherness.
Knights are proactive, always moving and bringing something to you. Today, let the Knight of Cups bring the 3 C’s into your life. And likewise, Mr or Mrs Knight of Cups – show them to your fellow man.
Tarot Card Meanings Supporting Posts
<< Page of Cups | Queen of Cups >>