What Does the Knight of Pentacles Mean?
There are times in life when nothing less than repetivite & mundane effort will do. The Knight of Pentacles tells us that when the work needs doing, we just have to get on with it. Sometimes life is dull, but little by little, the results pile up & we know success.
Knight of Pentacles General Keywords & Reversed Meanings
- Business travel; employment opportunities; practicality; dependability; stoicism; persistence; trustworthiness; slow but steady progress; physical strength; physical pleasures.
- a dullard; disrupted travel plans; missed or withdrawn employment opportunities; a day dreamer; pleasure seeker; laziness; neglecting responsibilities; a bigot; heavy handed.
Knight of Pentacles as People
- Landscaper; jockey; horse breeder; soldier; engineer; mechanic; builder; veterinarian; estate manager; police officer; financier/banker; eco warrior .
- As People
- Reliable and trustworthy individuals; generally hands on; a nature lover; an eco warrior; physical and strong; a crafts-person; dextrous and skilled in any of the trades; dependable and an asset in any crisis.
Knight of Pentacles as Events & Inner Processes
- As Events
- A job offer; recognition of efforts; seeing the fruits of your labour; a return on your investment; a pay increase; support being given or received; embarking on a new physical fitness regime.
- As Inner Processes
- Waiting patiently; finding inner strength; remembering common sense; being determined; digging deep and pushing through; grounding yourself; being realistic; unshakable faith.
Knights, Princes & Sons
Not all decks portray the Knights as they young men that are seen in the Rider Waite-Smith Tarot. In the Crowley-Harris Thoth they are Princes (based on Qabalah) and in the Quest Tarot they are called Sons (based on the family). Changing the title of the card does shift the meaning a little and humanises the court card in a more familiar way, as I explore in How to Finally Conquer the Court Cards.
The above decks all visually represent knights within the same age range. The Lo Scarabeo Tarot maintains this age and name, it’s French counterpart being Chevaliers. See all of the Knights, Princes and Sons together in my post of the same name.
Knight of Pentacles Correspondences
|Elemental||Air of Earth. Knights are air, the suit is earth|
|Timing||April 11 – May 10|
|20° Aries – 20 ° Taurus|
|Rules 4 of Wands; 5 of Pentacles; 6 of Pentacles|
|Qabalah||Tiphareth in Assiah|
|Numerical Values||4 – card counting value / letters of the Tetragrammaton|
|6 – Tree of Life sephira – Tiphareth|
|12 – sequential, following the Page of Pentacles|
|Yes or No||Yes|