What Does the King of Pentacles Mean?
Stable, sensual & well off, the King of Pentacles is the one constant in your life that you can rely on. He is thoughtful and wise, not rushing decisions nor being swayed to conform to modernity. He may not be exciting, but you an rely on this man & those like him.
Tarot Card Meanings for the King of Pentacles
King of Pentacles General Keywords & Reversed Meanings
- Master builder; prosperity; has the golden touch; ambitious; safe; kindness; patriarchal; father figure; protector; financial security; successful businessman.
- Materialistic; bigot; exploiter/harsh employer; chauvinistic; opinionated; cruel; wasteful; poor business decisions; greed/avarice; sex addict.
King of Pentacles as People
- Estate agent/developers; businessman/manager; director; master craftsman; banker; stock broker; trader; teacher/educator; mentor; merchants; importers/exporters.
- As a Person
- Hardworking and capable; physically strong and not afraid to get his hands dirty; will just as likely to be digging foundations as he is managing the crew; self-sufficient and excellent with finances; likes prosperity and abundance; is generous but not frivilous with money; enjoys the spoils of war and the fruits of his labours.
King of Pentacles as Events & Inner Processes
- As an Event in Your Life
- Landing a long term contract; investing in a business, or investiment coming into your business; sales or purchases of property and/or land; meeting with a financial consultant; taking an active interest in conservation and eco issues; moving into the building stages of a plan or project; team building and/or building a team; leading from the ranks.
- As an Inner Process
- Committing yourself to your goals; living with a greater sense of purpose; personal growth and development through actions and deed; developing or improving benevolence; exploring inner resources and abilities; pursuing self-sufficiency and self-reliance; learning to relax and enjoy your abundance
Kings, Knights & Fathers
The King is but one way to represent the mature men that grace each suit. The main three decks follow this way but some decks break with this tradition. The Quest Tarot is one such deck where the court family is replaced with an actual family: father, mother, son & daughter. Changing the title of the card does shift the meaning a little and humanises the court card in a more familiar way, as I explore in How to Finally Conquer the Court Cards. For a little more information about this group in general, see my post Kings, Knights and Fathers.
King of Pentacles Correspondences
|Elemental||Fire of Earth. Kings are fire, the suit is earth|
|Timing||Aug 12 – Sept 11|
|20° Leo – 20° Virgo|
|Rules 7 of Wands; 8 of Pentacles; 9 of Pentacles|
|Qabalah||Chokmah in Assiah|
|Numerical Values||4 – card counting value / letters of the Tetragrammaton|
|2 – Tree of Life sephira – Chokmah|
|14 – sequential, following the Queen of Penacles|
|Yes or No||Yes|