What Does the King of Wands Mean?
Success comes through commitment, expression of the will & the fully realised self. The King of Wands represents the epitome of improvement of self & its effect on others. Strength & fairness prevail.
Tarot Card Meanings for the King of Wands
The King of Wands General Keywords & Reversed Meanings
- Motivational, noble, charismatic; generous; virile; horny; agile; hero; leader; a visionary; strong; capable; bold; daring.
- Bossiness; self-righteousness; bad business decisions; an autocrat; a smooth talking con artist; shameless self-promotion.
The King of Wands as People
- Manager; motivational speaker; entrepreneur; businessman; mentor; sales; advertising; promotions; agent; executives.
- As People
- A dynamic and voracious man in any field of his interest; seemingly limitless mental energy; strong will and determination that has become second nature; a business man, self-made and entrepreneurial; a pioneer and visionary; optimistic and forward looking; supremely confident, energetic and too charismatic for his own good.
- As Events
- Promotion or getting the job you thought might be just out of your reach; success in projects, business & choices; expansion and establishment of businesses or interests; setting yourself goals; engaging in motivational self-help techniques, courses and seminars; meeting a motivational man who has a lasting effect on you; facing adversity, know you will succeed.
- As Inner Processes
- Increasing self-belief and confidence; recognising the need to be courageous; learning to act in the moment; directing your will, focussing your intent; breaking free of mental shackles; listening to your Inner Motivator; removing self-made constraints that block your freedom or success; seeking challenges that make you feel liberated.
The King of Wands As Events & Inner Processes
Kings, Knights & Fathers
The King is but one way to represent the mature men that grace each suit. The main three decks follow this way but some decks break with this tradition. The Quest Tarot is one such deck where the court family is replaced with an actual family: father, mother, son & daughter. Changing the title of the card does shift the meaning a little and humanises the court card in a more familiar way, as I explore in How to Finally Conquer the Court Cards. For a little more information about this group in general, see my post Kings, Knights and Fathers.
King of Wands Correspondences
|Elemental||Fire of Fire. Kings are fire, the suit is Fire|
|Timing||Nov 13 – Dec 12|
|20° Scorpio – 20° Sagittarius|
|Rules 7 of Cups; 8 of Wands; 9 of Wands|
|Qabalah||Chokmah in Atziluth|
|Numerical Values||4 – card counting value / letters of the Tetragrammaton|
|2 – Tree of Life sephira – Chokmah|
|14 – sequential, following the Queen of Wands|
|Yes or No||Yes|