What Does the Queen of Wands Mean?
The Queen of Wands indicates a transformation, a stepping into your power & becoming yourself. Passion, belief & sensuality all inform this dynamic & charismatic woman.
Tarot Card Meanings for the Queen of Wands
The Queen of Wands General Keywords & Reversed Meanings
- Mother; sexual; flirty; social; dynamic; expressive; creatrix; open-minded; clairvoyant; telepathic; femme fatale; dominatrix.
- Shallow & egotistic; dramatic & demanding; ruthless ambition; prone to self-sabotage; interference; self-deception; selfish; vain.
The Queen of Wands as People
- Aerobics teacher; exotic dancer; business woman; counsellor; manager; performer; reporter/journalist; art and design; executive/director.
- As People
- An energetic and lively woman; creative but expansive; intuitive and self-confident; endless pizazz; a tough business woman; independent and dynamic; sensual and passionate; a visionary with an eye for the unusual; ambitious and determined; often a hedonist or thrill-seeker; enjoys socialising.
The Queen of Wands as Events & Processes
- As Events:
- Success in business or other endeavours; taking up a new creative, but active hobby; seeking or finding a mentor or guide; expansion of business or career; the time is right to go for your dream!
- As Inner Processes:
- Embarking on a period of self-development; exploring spirituality; seeking psychic or spiritual experience; finding a personal failing and actively seeking to correct it; learning to be more daring and bold; a pep talk from female ancestors.
Queens & Mothers
The Queen is but one way to represent the mature ladies that grace each suit. The main three decks follow this way but some decks break with this tradition. The Quest Tarot is one such deck where the court family is replaced with an actual family: father, mother, son & daughter. Changing the title of the card does shift the meaning a little and humanises the court card in a more familiar way, as I explore in How to Finally Conquer the Court Cards.
Queen of Wands Correspondences
|Elemental||Water of Fire. Queens are water, the suit is Fire|
|Timing||Mar 11 – Apr 10|
|20° Pisces – 20° Aries|
|Rules 10 of Cups; 2 of Wands; 3 of Wands|
|Qabalah||Binah in Atziluth|
|Numerical Values||4 – card counting value / letters of the Tetragrammaton|
|3 – Tree of Life sephira – Binah|
|13 – sequential, following the Knight of Wands|
|Yes or No||Yes|